The artistic director and concept creator behind this touring exhibition is Johanna Suo. She has also chosen two of the artists; Kyriaki Costa and Apostolis Polymeris.Please read more about her following this link. Johanna invited three curators from the international art scene to chose one group of artists each. The curators were chosen, not only on account of their experience, but also because they reflect the characteristic at the core of the USE project: diversity.
Fourteen artists with international or multicultural backgrounds have been invited to contribute with their art works to U.S.E. Even if they have international backgrounds they nevertheless hold different connections to the project’s partner countries. The artists have been chosen because of their past experience of exploring identity and art in the public space.
- Luchezar BoyadjievOn vacationBulgaria
- Kennedy BrowneHow Capital MovesIreland
- Kyriaki Costa21st century IconoclasmCyprus
- Jean-Charles HueThe Lord’s RideFrance
- Kaarina KaikkonenA ConnectionFinland
- Anna KonikIn the Middle of the Way Poland
- Gerda LampalzerThoughts are freeAustria
- Maria Lusitano-SantosScattered Cartographies (Moving away from home, Now it was just make believe) Portugal
- Tanja MuravskajaEstonian Race Estonia
- Deimantas NarkevičiusAusgeträumtLithuania
- Anu PennanenClean AirFinland
- Apostolis PolymerisUprooting: The story of our grandfathersBelgium
- REINIGUNGSGESELLSCHAFTRisk SocietyGermany
- Artur ŻmijewskiDemocraciesPoland